Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Last Week Here!

I can’t believe it’s our last week here! The work in the lab is slowing down and I’ve just been spending most of my time preparing my poster for the presentation and taking it easy. I think it’s going to feel weird to go home at first, but I’m looking forward to it. Brian and Tiffany and I have been eating at some new places that we hadn’t gone to earlier in the trip, and getting some last shopping done. It’s been raining a lot though lately so it’s not really been ideal for going out too much. I think we’ve got a lot of cleaning to do this weekend, our apartment is kind of a mess and we’ve been putting off cleaning for the last couple of weeks because we knew we’d have to do it again at the end anyway.

I keep thinking too about how when I get back home everything is going to cost more again, and I feel like I’m not going to want to buy anything because it will all seem so expensive compared to everything here! In China I can get a good meal at a restaurant for $3 or less pretty much anywhere! I dread having to go back and pay American prices!

No comments: