Thursday, August 2, 2007

Tiffany's Birthday Celebrations

This week I feel like work is getting kind of boring… I don’t have that many experiments left to finish up, and the ones I have left each take awhile to run so I have a lot of free time. I can’t believe the trip is almost over though and that we only have about 10 days left here! The past three weeks have gone by really fast, and I don’t really know where the time went.

We went out on Tuesday night to a Mexican restaurant for Tiffany’s birthday. It was on the other side of the city and while we were getting there we walked through an area that has embassies for a ton of other countries. There were a lot of guards around at all of them and we found out we aren’t allowed to take pictures of them though. After dinner we went shopping in a really big mall and we had wanted to go to an outdoor market we heard about but it started raining so we headed home instead.

Wednesday was Tiffany’s actual birthday, and so on Wednesday we all went out with her lab to a karaoke bar/restaurant and her lab had gotten her the biggest birthday cake I’d ever seen. Afterwards we got some pizza while we waited for another huge rainstorm to pass by so that we could go get a cab go get back home. It’s been raining a lot here lately.

No comments: