Monday, June 11, 2007

Another Week of Boot Camp

Today was our first language lesson in a couple of days. We had a fairly short day... well that was in partially because Tiffany got sick in the morning, but luckily she recovered before dinner time. We tried to go back to a bar called Lush for dinner but it actually turned out to be closed b/c they were installing air conditioning or something. We found a marketplace that we didn't know existed and we looked around there a little. Then we went back to a restaurant that we had gone to before. I think it was our first time actually eating in a restaurant where we couldn't really use english on our own in the whole time we've been here. Everything went pretty well until I tried to order a second gin and tonic b/c the waitress didn't know what had been in my glass (I had just pointed to the menu the first time b/c gin doesn't seem to translate into Chinese well from what I heard before). She said some things I didn't understand and I was pretty confused so I just tried to say it in english but that didn't work so I ordered a Coke instead... then we all laughed a lot b/c it had been a pretty awkward situation and I had just ordered a coke i didn't want just to avoid having to think... then I realized I could order beers easily enough w/o a menu, since I remembered it from our language class, so I just went for that. Well anyway the dinner went pretty well and then we went to the starbucks and one store near the bucks and then came back to the apartment.

No comments: