Thursday, June 21, 2007

The First Work Week

The first day of lab went very well, I didn’t really have a whole lot of work to do, but it was good to meet everyone I’ll be working with. Everyone in the lab seems very friendly and helpful. I finally went to the on campus cafeterias for the first time today. The food is very good and there are a ton of things to choose from and it’s very inexpensive compared to the cafeteria at home.

During the next two days of work I did a little more stuff. Yesterday evening we had a farewell dinner for Dr. Coppola with lots of pizza. There is this really strange rule at the salad bar at the pizza restaurant… we had a table of 6 people and so that means we get two bowls which people have to take turns emptying onto smaller plates but if you can’t fit all of what you take on the plate then you have to pay a penalty… we couldn’t really figure it out. After the dinner we went to a Kung Fu show… it was really for tourists I guess b/c the audio for the whole thing was in English… but it was pretty cool. Then we headed back home to get some sleep.

Today (Thursday) we had our weekly lunch at the Jade Garden Café restaurant… there was a lot of very good food as usual. The lab work has been pretty lazy so far today, just a lot of reading.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I wish I could have a pizza party!