Sunday, July 15, 2007

Last few days

We’ve gotten a new door on our apartment now. We haven’t heard anything back from the police about anything related to the break-in… but it seems like it might be nearly impossible for them to catch whoever did it anyway. The lab work is going well. I had kind of a funny thing happen in the lab… I’ve learned how to tell the solvent bottles in the lab apart by the characters, and so I know the character for water but there’s one that comes before it that probably means like ‘pure’ or something, I’m not really sure what it is but so I just know the water one. I was filling up this water bottle the other day and I’m smelling something really strong and I thought someone was just using something with a strong odor and so I keep filling up the bottle and then the guy I work with comes over and he’s like oh that’s not water! It turned out it was a really concentrated solution of ammonia and so the character for water is still there but the other one was different. So I’m an idiot anyway and now I know to look at it more carefully or to just smell it.

Yesterday I worked on some med school applications and Tiffany got a manicure or pedicure or something like that and Brian played a lot of basketball in the morning. At night we went to Kro’s nest again for dinner and then I went to the San Li Tun area (not sure if I spelled that right) with my friend Victoria to meet up with some other people we met here. It’s a really long cab ride to get there but I actually like it b/c you get to see a lot of the city and stuff it’s pretty cool I’d almost take the cab rides just for fun. We went to a bunch of bars and clubs and stuff and it was a ton of fun… probably my favorite thing I’ve done here so far. I didn’t realize how late it was though… I didn’t check my phone all night and when I got out of the cab near home I was thinking, ‘boy, it’s bright out at night’ and then I realized the sun was rising and I was like, oh crap… hahaha. Well it was a lot of fun and I feel kind of dead today but I’d def. do it again. We also met some girls from Simmons College who are here for a chemistry program also and we’re having dinner w/ them in about an hour. I honestly donno if I’ll be able to stay awake for it but hopefully it’ll be fun.

No comments: